Looks like she'll make short work of just about any sea!
The wheelhouse has been cut to shape.
You can see where all the doors and windows will be.
The deck hatches have also been installed.
Closer view of the wheelhouse from the port side, aft corner.
This gives a good idea of the size of the walk-around (22" - 24").
Looking through the port side window in the back of the wheelhouse you can see the helm station being built out.
Here is the view through the companionway, with the bunks visible down forward.
The crash bulkhead is now fully in place, as well.
At right is the helm station.
The tops of the bunks have not yet been glassed in, and this photo shows the storage space available.
After glassing in the tops of the bunks, hatches will be put in to allow access to all this storage space.
The cut off and glassed over bolts from the spray rail are visible at right.
This will be the enclosed head.
It was so big that I decided to put in a small wash basin with a storage cabinet below.
To give you an idea of the headroom, that is a 6-foot level standing upright.
As I kept looking at the wheelhouse, something wasn't aesthetically right.
I finally decided that it was too boxy and needed a little "flair".
We came up with the solution, adding small wings to the back of the wheelhouse, at both the top and bottom.
Here, Joe is cutting one of the wings to shape.
The marine toilet for the head is at right.
Perfect! After about 3 trimmings, we got it just right.
You can see the addition at right...the left hand side is yet to be cut.
A good picture of the aft deck, with all hatches in place.
You can see where the forward hatch is smaller as the wheelhouse comes right back to it.
The hatches were screwed down on top of the deck, and then the deck was glassed up flush to them.
This keeps water from sitting on top of them, and having the hatches on top of the deck as opposed to sunk into the deck flush eliminates one more seam for water to get into the deck and cause rot.